He survived man and disease

Daily Mail - Finley Crampton really shouldn't be here. Although his parents would have loved another child, they knew their baby could inherit a life-threatening kidney condition – and they couldn't take the risk. After all, their first son had died of the condition and the second was born with serious kidney damage. So when Finley's mother, Jodie Percival, became pregnant while on the Pill, she and her fiance Billy Crampton, 35, made the agonising decision to abort this child. [snip] However, Finley had other ideas. And some time after the operation, Miss Percival felt a fluttering in her stomach. [snip] The child had survived the abortion and thrived in the womb.

'I couldn't believe it,' said Miss Percival. 'This was the baby I thought I'd terminated. 'At first I was angry that this was happening to us, that the procedure had failed. [snip] But a week later, another scan confirmed that this baby had kidney problems too, like the couple's previous children. [snip] Her first baby, Thane, had lived for only 20 minutes after she was forced to deliver him prematurely. Her second son, Lewis, now 20 months, was born with a similar condition. He survives on one kidney. [snip] And in November, Finley was born three weeks premature, at 6lb 3oz. He had minor kidney damage but is expected to lead a normal life.
I cannot help but feel a little critical of this little boys parents. I can't say I know what they went through, I haven't been through the emotions that they went through. But I still feel that they let their boy down, a baby from the moment of conception needs its mother and both its parents to grow up. I don't know if the doctors gave them bad advice, but I still feel they gave up and they were thinking more of themselves than their little baby. They lost their first child, but then their second child survived, so when they found out about Finley, why give up and throw in the towel.

Could they not help him to fight, you'd think the second child was proof that there is hope. Is it not better to fight and lose than never fight at all or in this case just be killed. Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass here, but the way I see it, suppose you fall pregnant and God appears to you and tells you that your child will die by the age of 2 and not much can prevent it. Would you abort your baby knowing it's going to die or would you have the baby, pray and hope that your nightmare doesn't come true and cherish every moment with your baby? I'd like to think that I would choose the path of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them